Wednesday 5 January 2011

I am going to be adding some photographs into this post of the Macro Lens Photography I have been experimenting with, involving my unusual pets.

I took this photograph of my Female Carpet Python at feeding time. I was trying to get the tongue into this photograph but I was hoping that the main focus of the picture would be towards the snakes eye, I think when shooting Macro Photography the eyes can be one of the most interesting things to capture and throughout my images you will notice this as a recurring theme.
This is a Female Pueblan Milk Snake, her eyes are not as striking as the Carpet Pythons but I think particular image has a lot more feeling to it because of the darkness in the eye and the position. It did take me a long time to find a personality to give this snake in a photograph, I eventually realised that a close up head shot can be just as effective in a black eye, rather than a bright or detailed.

8 comments:

  1. i am a big fan of snakes, where did you get yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these pictures, the macro lens really picks up so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woahh thanks guys.
    i got them from sainsburys earl, hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please dont make a mockery of the blogger system by joking where you got your snakes from, i am just a lonely buyer that would like to know...please help
    From Harley :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm serious, sainsburys, frozen food section!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do not think that this conversation is progressing, so this is where i vacate the blogger commenting box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please refrain from this inapropriate language

    ReplyDelete