Friday 14 January 2011

These Photographs are just two of the selection of insects I photograph. This first image is of my Female Red Knee Tarantula, Bella. I have a lot of photographs of this particular tarantula because she is very timid and easy to handle. The photographs I usually take of her are very sharp and show much unusual detail but I do like these photographs because they look quite abstract.

Within these photographs I have been experimenting with depth of field, you can see the depth of field is opposite in both of these photographs. The second photograph is a Male Indian Scorpion, Harry.  I have a lot of interesting photographs of this particular scorpion where you can clearly see what creature it is, although I feel these kind of images are a lot more thought provoking and I would prefer people to have to concentrate on my photography rather than just glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment