Friday 14 January 2011

These are two of my smaller snakes which I wanted to get under the Macro Lens and capture as much detail as possible. The first snake is a Red Corn Snake, Amber. This snake has some remarkable markings on it when I was given it and I was eager to photograph them. This is also just one of my snakes with a stunning coloured eye, when enhancing this photograph I preferred the original eye colour and ended up keeping it the same. I have a lot of photographs of this snake, some interesting ones of it coiled up so you can see how beautiful the body is, but i feel this head shot was to pretty to be left out.

 This is one of my favorite snake photographs just because of the brightness and colour of this snake. This is my Milk Snake, Burt. I decided to place this snake onto a log of wood to get the grain as the background, I love how the snakes body gradually disappears into the depth of field. I think its the snakes stripey pattern that makes this photograph look so good, it also has a really cute, pretty face which I am eager to continue photographing under a Macro Lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment