Friday 14 January 2011

This is one of my favorite photographs of my Red Knee Tarantula, Bella. To get this photograph I took a sheet of glass and placed it across two drawers. I then climbed underneath and began experimenting with flash, focus and distance. I managed to create some abstract photographs using a Ring Flash, but I wanted to include a photograph that was sharp and shown Bella looking as beautiful as she is. I believe this is very interesting, and tarantulas create some amazing photography if you manage to get close enough.
This is another one of my creepy crawlies, Milly the Millipede. Although there seems to be nothing special about this photograph I do really like all of the little legs in this photograph and how she curves around my hand. It was actually difficult to get an interesting photograph of the millipede, but I wanted to include one because she is a very interesting friend of mine and I will continue attempting to create something interesting with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment