Friday 14 January 2011

This is a photograph of my California King Snake, Pearl. I wanted a nice head shot of this snake but I also wanted her body in the background. I did get a lot of photographs which had his, but I thinks that the photograph is beautiful. I love the reflection in the eye and the depth of field, like the body in the background which is out of focus. I will continue photographing this snake because I think it is one of the more photogenic snakes.
 This is a Male Sunglow Boa, he is actually blind in one eye, so I was trying to photograph him from one side which proved to be difficult. However because of this I was not concentrating on head shots and I managed to create this photograph which i feel is very successful, although very different from my other photographs. I would like to continue creating some full body shots like this one but I am still more interested in Macro Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment