Wednesday 9 February 2011

This is my Great Horned Eagle Owl, Blue. I particularly liked photographing this bird because of all the colours and detail she has in her facial feathers, also she has stunning eyes which capture the photograph. Out of all my birds I feel she has the best look because of how she looks into the lens like this with her head down giving it a eerie feel about it, also she has naturally dark lined eyes which contrast amazingly with the yellow of her eye. As well as this I think that the symmetry in this photograph is very interesting and I feel the owls all create amazing photographs because of this.

This is a Female Red Tailed Hawk, Kane. I like this photograph because of how you can see the water droplets on her head her head is slightly angled so she looks slightly evil like Blue. I like the depth of field in this picture because all her feathers are in focus but the background isn't even noticeable because it is so out of focus. When I photograph the hawks and falcons I prefer to give them this kind of angle because they don't look as interesting photographed head on, I feel there beaks are an important thing to include.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Love the photos. May I ask a permission if I can use your owl's photo. Thank you, Hope to hear from you :) - Ryan

    ReplyDelete